Read this, newcomers. If you want me to stop, negotiate. ...Please. I'll see if I can get MrDrNose to put some of it's points on the game description. I'm not even going to be ambiguous about it anymore...I think I'll just kind of say it straight. I want players to really know what they're doing without just watching their YouTube videos, facepalming and watching them move on deciding it's too difficult or out of the norm. And believe me I want to push it in.
MrDrNose there are some things you should do before the next update I've written at the bottom.
So, the character roster is nearly finished. All the characters from AEWVS besides Robot Santa/DedMoroz_20k have been drawn at least once. Spoilers will be shown in the reply and there are minor spoilers here but they stay on point so I think they're safe for players of any kind who know anything about AEWVS and BBIEAL.
Here are some notes.
- TestDithered was pretty much the only character that was actually dithered, since I wanted to stay true to his name and after trying to dither Baldi, it never worked out. He didn't look right.
- 1st Prize was pretty much fully replicated from the original sprite, but I don't know if I'll have to do it again so it can have it's wheels in line with the floor and not just be flat like the other characters.
- Principal of the Thing was actually wearing a dithered yellow bowtie this whole time and everybody just thought it was a fat neck, according to Micah. So I decided to actually go and do it. When I first did him, there was no way I could've even got a fat neck on there to begin with.
- Viktor got some shades added to his shirt which you may have seen before.
- Laura has the most forms of all, with a normal and evil version of the old, new, cat and costume designs.
- Mr. Mix was done back when Angell had no ears. Well, that changed.
- Phonty was going to be redone and have the new one added, as well as the active version of the old one, but I tried extracting files from AEWVS with UModel and it didn't find any game files. I tried some earlier versions, and guess what? It did recognise game files for the older versions. What's going on there? Anyway I think the wiki has one, but I'll have to get to that in a bit.
- Apparently only four characters from BBIEAL had party decorations, except for It's a Bully who had "THIS IS A PARTY" written next to him which I ignored.
- Natural Viktor had some sort of volcanic-style pattern, and yes, I copied it accurately. It has so many subtle colour changes that thanks, you'll hate it when you try and look. Just hope I don't miss any when I make more sprites for it in the future.
- Evil Viktor had his axe altered, in case you've ever seen it. I think you did when I showed you all that teaser where Viktor was snoozing with his clothes and axe on the floor and Angell was sitting with a bag of chips using a notebook. So I think that one works.
- Tiara got some of her tentacle claw things redone, so now they look smoother and better. So glad I did that.
- Cat Laura was never taken out the game so far, and she was even used instead of the normal one in some places, so I decided to just go and do it as well. It was kind of quick.
- Laura had her heads with and without the headset fixed.
- Mega Gardevoir Laura's dress was redone again and fixed. I think it looks better now.
- Smile Wolf had no progress done. But now that I think the source image only has his head, I think I'm free to just go and fill the rest of it in. I have to do the side view before the front view so the dimensions are consistent. Found some wolf models I'll try to copy.
So here are some things you should do before the next update:
- Bring back normal Laura and make the cat costume optional or something.
- Get rid of the Christmas tag, as well as that extra game tag. We get it lol. And make the homepage dark again, like it used to be.
- Find a way to only make Versions 0.1.4 playable to people who've found the secrets, with a password or a detection mechanic or something similar. I've made some suggestions in the New Year's Update post.
It was so quiet here...until people started posting and breaking the silence. Oh well. At least it's not so quiet now, I guess.